Best hardside luggage
When you travel, one of your concerns is the safety of the content of your luggage. After all, you carry things that you need, and not all of them are clothes. Clothes can be put in all sorts of bags, but when it comes to fragile items, you need something that will keep them safe. That is why my recommendation is to invest in the best hardside luggage. In my opinion, it is one of the best choices because it protects whatever you want to take along.
When I travel, I like to put all my things in the main bag. That includes a camera, other devices, and whatever else you can think of. During my life, I tried all types of luggage, but the hardside luggage is by far the best choice I could have made. I never had something break since, and that is why I recommend it to everyone I know.
The advantages and disadvantages of hardside luggage
I do not know about you, but whenever I want to try something new, I make a list of the pros and cons. It helps me make a decision, and it underlines the reason why I should spend money on something. For that reason, here are the pros of buying hardside luggage:
- Your items are safe – when you purchase hardside luggage, you do not have to worry about its content. Whatever you choose to put inside, you will take it out just as you put it in. Nothing breaks, nothing gets squished, and your items will keep their integrity intact. I know because I tested that theory. Unlike softside luggage, the hardside kind is rough enough to survive impact.
- It is safer – I know that all luggage has some kind of security system in place, but let’s be honest about this. Anyone with a cutter or scissors can make his way into a softside bag. Hardside luggage, on the other hand, does not allow to happen. It is kinda tricky to get past all that hard plastic, and it is impossible to do it quietly. A lot of people, myself included, like to travel a lot and bring home all kinds of expensive souvenirs or expensive bottles of wines. It would be a shame to lose it all because of an unsafe bag, wouldn’t it? Hardside luggage is almost impossible to break into, which is why you should buy one if you like to travel with expensive items on you.
- It is more durable – as you can imagine, something made out of hard plastic or polycarbonate will last a lot longer than a bag made of canvas. I bought my first one about 5 years ago. Except for a few scratches, which are there because of my lack of attention, it is intact. Just to be clear, I bought a second one because I needed more space, not because the first one got damaged. The point is that nothing lasts as long as hardside luggage. You will not change your suitcase anytime soon if you go for hardside luggage.
For the sake of full disclosure, there are a few downsides as well. However, in my opinion, there is nothing that cannot be handled. Here is what I am talking about:
- Hardside luggage is not very flexible – while it is not rock hard, hardside luggage is pretty hard. Do not imagine that you can squeeze it in anywhere. The measurements of hardside luggage are set in stone, and you cannot go over it in any way. Of course, this feature is best for the content of your bag, but as far as space goes, you should know what to expect.
- It occupies space – when you have a softside bag, you can somehow squeeze it in your closet. Hardside luggage, on the other side, will fill just as much space as its measurements.
- They are costly – but only comparing to softside bags. Of course, the price depends on the material from which the bag is made. If you want polycarbonate instead of hard plastic, prepare yourself to spend more money.
Maybe you can see other cons, but as far as I am concerned, the downsides you see above is what makes sense to me. Feel free to add more if you like.
What to consider when buying the best hardside luggage
Now let’s get a bit practical. I know how to search for a hardside bag because I went through that before. You, on the other hand, may have not, which is why I think you will find the next session quite helpful. Below you will see a list of things you need to look at before hitting the buy button.
The size of your bag matters because of two primary reasons: your needs and airport standards. Some people buy hardside luggage because they know their bag will end up with an entire pile of them in the hold. At the same time, other purchase carry-on hardside luggage. It depends on where you travel and for what reason. The point is that you can find hardside luggage in all sizes. Just make sure you buy the one that suits you best.
As you can expect, hardside luggage is heavier than softside bags, but not by much. It actually depends on the material they are made of. Plastic, for example, is heavier than polycarbonate. Even so, you need to take this into consideration, especially when you travel by plane. It may interfere with the weight limits at check-in. just make sure to weigh the luggage before you get to the airport. Some airports have a scale somewhere.
The quality of wheels
I cannot even remember how many suitcases I have and which lost their wheels. That is because cheap luggage comes with cheap casters. Usually, the manufacturers disclose the material that it used to make the wheels. People who leave hardside luggage reviews online can also clear that for you. The worst part is that if the wheels come off, you cannot use the bag anymore, which is a small tragedy. And no, gluing them back on will not do anything.
Of course, you can look at color and design, the cost, and some people like a particular kind of wheels (silicone, plastic, etc.) Instead of focusing on things that do not improve your experience, try to invest in aspects that are meant to make your hardside luggage durable and long-lasting.
What is the best hardside luggage?
I do not think I am qualified to answer that question because I have not tried them all. I can, however, to help you make a choice based on my experience. I can help you choose the best hardside luggage for you, all you have to do is pick one of the products I wrote about below. I am sure you will like at least one of them. Enjoy!
Samsonite Winfield 2 Hardside 28” Luggage
I chose to start with this one because I own it. I must say that along with its resistance, you will get a beautiful bag. There are multiple colors you can choose from, but I got the orange one, and I am more than satisfied with it. It stands out somehow, and it looks like the first time I bought it. Of course, I learned how to handle hardside luggage so that it does not scratch. Polycarbonate, which is what this suitcase is made of, is durable, but not very scratch-resistant. However, I love the fact that it has a brushed pattern, so if I scratch it, you cannot tell anyway.
The handle is, of course, telescopic, and made of lightweight aluminum. It kept its integrity pretty well, and it slides just like when I first bought the bag. The four multi-directional spinner wheels make it easy to carry around the airport or train station. It really depends on the surface you roll it on. But they maintained their integrity pretty well over time. In airports, you can push the luggage using just two fingers. It is that easy.
The interior is accommodating. It comes with a full-zip interior divider and cross straps for organizational purposes. If you like to pack as organized as I do, you will love that feature. What is even better, is that when you have a few extra items, like when you come back from your trip, you can expand the bag by 1.5 inches. It is not much, but still. Last but not least, the Samsonite Winfield 2 comes with a built-in TSA lock. That will keep thieves at bay, and only TSA agents will have access to your belongings.
Amazon Basics Harside Spinner Luggage
I do not know if you ordered products from Amazon Basics before, but I do not think you will be disappointed. This particular bag is the 20-inch, but you can choose from 20 to 28 inches, depending on which one you need. I think you will be happy with it, especially since you will not pay as much for it as for a Samsonite.
This hardside suitcase is made of extra-thick ABS plastic. It is a hard and protective shell that will keep your belongings intact. The best thing about it is that unlike polycarbonate, the hardside luggage from Amazon basics is scratch-resistant. The plastic is covered with a special coat that will maintain the looks of your suitcase intact. Of course, you still need to take care of it. It cannot resist everything, after all.
The interior is fully lined with 150D polyester. There are 3 zippered pockets in there for the smaller items, and the straps will keep your clothes and other stuff in one place. As for the amount of space, it seems that the suitcase can expand about 15%, which is ideal for after you buy all the souvenirs during your trip. The zippers are sturdy, the handle is telescopic and easy to handle, and you have a short handle as well. The 4 spinner wheels run smooth and will make your job quite easy. The product does not have an integrated lock. Even so, I am sure you are going to love it.
Coolife Hardside Spinner Luggage
Last but not least, the Coolife luggage is yet another product worthy of your attention. It is made of both ABS plastic and polycarbonate, which makes it both durable and scratch-resistant. It is the best combination of the two materials. Of course, the brushed pattern makes it impossible for anyone to see any scratches so you can afford an accident or two.
The interior is more than satisfactory. You have multiple organizational pockets, and cross straps for holding your things in place. The suitcase features a fully lined interior, and you can expand the bag about 15%. The spinner wheels seem to hold pretty well according to people who have already bought it, and the telescopic handle is made of lightweight aluminum.
Unlike the previous hardside luggage, this one comes with a TSA lock. That should put your mind at ease since it acts as a thief deterring. Only TSA agents can unlock the bag. And you, of course. You can choose from multiple colors if you like, and the Coolife hard luggage also comes in various sizes.
I cannot personally vouch for the Coolife and Amazon Basics hardside luggage, but I can vouch for the Samsonite Winfield 2 Hardside 28” Luggage. It looks pretty (let’s not pretend it does not matter,) it has excellent functionality, it lasts long, and the scratches are impossible to detect. In my opinion, it is the best hardside luggage you can buy at the moment.
Let’s face it! Luggage is essential, and not only aesthetically. After all, suitcases are made to hold our belongings while we travel, and we care deeply about those. That is why I think it is best if you invest in the best hardside luggage. It keeps your items safe, you will own the same bag for a very long time, and hardside bags usually look amazing. One of the bags above, especially the Samsonite, certainly do. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Fraud, Deceptions, and Downright Lies About Luggage Online Exposed
- The Battle Over Samsonite Luggage Sets and How to Win It
- Best Suitcase Tips & Guide
- What to Expect From Hard Shell Luggage?
- The Advantages of Cheap Luggage Sets
- The Most Forgotten Fact Regarding Luggage Reviews Revealed
- The Unusual Puzzle Into 4 Wheel Suitcase
- Hard Case Luggage Features
- Want to Know More About Hand Luggage Suitcase?
- Never Before Told Stories on Lucas Luggage You Need to Read
- The Good, the Bad and Suitcases for Sale
- What You Don’t Know About Best Luggage Brands
- Who Else Is Misleading Us About Best Luggage Sets?
- The Unusual Secret of Samsonite Luggage Sale
- What to Expect From Hardside Luggage?
- The Battle Over Hand Luggage Bags and How to Win It
- The Fundamentals of Lightweight Suitcase Revealed
- A Guide to It Luggage
- The Importance of Lightweight Suitcases
- Why Absolutely Everybody Is Talking About Cheap Luggage
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Hand Luggage
- New Article Reveals the Low Down on Lightweight Luggage and Why You Must Take Action Today
- Things You Won’t Like About Cheap Suitcases and Things You Will
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Best Carry on Luggage
- Never Before Told Stories on Suitcase Sale You Must Read or Be Left Out
- Luggage Bags: No Longer a Mystery
- What You Should Do About Cabin Luggage Beginning in the Next Four Minutes
- Suitcase – Is it a Scam?
- An Actionable Tutorial on Best Luggage in Step by Step Order
- One Easy Trick for Delsey Luggage Unveiled
- The Little-Known Secrets to Luggage Sale
- Introducing Luggage Sets
- Where to Find Samsonite Luggage
- What You Don’t Know About Carry on Luggage Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- The Fundamentals of Luggage Revealed